Having lived in Den Haag and having been a regular visitor to Amsterdam, going into a shop like this I must confess was nothing new. I firmly believe that one must always be informed about one's choices and options, and what happens between consenting adults is indeed between consenting adults. Funny though, must admit that I did hesitate going in. Visited a couple of other shops in the plaza before and than 'accidentally' stumbled into the shop. Ok, not that dramatic but you get what I mean. Not sure why I hesitated though. Could it be a case of when in Rome?
The light - or as we would call her in Jamaica, the 'browning'- lithe girl with the lafa (locally acquired foreign accent) was only too happy to tell me what was available. She was dressed for the part too. A lime green tank top just opened a bit at the top, short shorts in the same colour and high heeled shoes. Did wonder if she took public transportation to work looking like that! Assuming of course that she did in fact take public transportation.
At first glance I was a bit disappointed. There was the usual array of bras and panties, complimented by a wide assortment of costumes. Must say I did really like the nurses outfit. Hmm. A sign for a change in career? I wonder. Nothing over the top, and yes, a similar assortment that one could easily find in a number of lingerie stores.
Anyway, after she tried to get me interested in some Hustler bras that could be worn in five different ways, I then saw the other merchandise that was available. These were discreetly positioned behind a red velvet curtain that partitioned the shop. Quite a wide range:
- dildos of all different colours and sizes along with their necessary attachments; some of which I really can't figure out if and how that would really be pleasurable;
- the men weren't left out there was also some plastic female genitalia with 'realistic pulsating action';
- DVDs with rather interesting names that leave no doubt as to what one will watch and or learn;
- hand-cuffs - both those fuzzy and those plastic - available in a variety of colours;
- dice that didn't have the usual dots, but indicated positions or body parts instead;
- thigh high leather boots in a variety of colours;
- creams and gels - many of which are advertised in your spam mail.
- etc, etc.
Did ask how were the reactions to the shop. Miss Pleasure mentioned that most Ghanaians did come in just to 'see' and always seemed suitable shocked by what was available. There were more questions than sales it seemed. Interestingly, she also mentioned that while sales were slow during the day, after 7:00 p.m. then the amount of customers increased, mainly ' white men' - her words, not mine.
Anyway, a must go shop for the more adventurous, or even those that would like to add a bit more spice to their life. Will go back in two weeks to pick up my order. Smile.