Sunday, September 02, 2007

Suspense is worse than disappointment

So Homie Don't Bring Your Girl To Meet Me Cuz (I'm A Flirt)
And Baby Don't Bring Your Girlfriend To Eat Cuz (I'm A Flirt)
Please Believe It, Unless Your Game Is Tight And U Trust Her
Then Don't Bring Her Around Me Cuz (I'm A Flirt)

Lyrics from R. Kelly ' I'm A Flirt'
====================================================================================

So over the past couple of weeks I have been attempting to flirt, with whom I won’t say. ‘Attempting’ is the key word, as I will be the first to confess I am no good at it. The thought of batting my eyes or making witty remarks sends me into a tail spin and gets me tongue tied – how will he know it’s not my contact lens, or how will he know that that was really supposed to be a joke?
I don’t think I can best be categorized as ‘shy’ under normal circumstances, but when it comes to relating to someone that I have an interest in, then it’s all downhill from there.

I have a good female friend who is an absolute flirt and has it down to an art – a female R. Kelly? I wonder. Watching her in action is indeed a sight to behold. I doubt if the men even know what hits them and by the time they realize it it’s far too late. It’s not just what is said, but how it is said and how it is done. Hmmm, the wonders of it all.

Me, have always been a less direct kind of person – it takes forever for me to decide if I do like someone, and then when I do it is even harder to let them know it. I am not sure why. I suppose on the days when I am honest with myself I can hazard a guess, but won’t be brave enough to share that in this post.

I guess the heart of the matter is also knowing if the person does like you too. Pretty simple when you look at it superficially, after all one should know these things. Truth be told I am bad at these guessing games – once bitten, twice shy? - and even the most obvious of actions will become as challenging as the latest suduko puzzle with me trying to figure out what did this statement mean, or what was that action suppose to prove. A sorry state of affairs isn’t it?

Ok, so have decided I am just going to stop ‘thinking’, ‘rationalizing’ or what ever other ‘ings’ I may be tempted to do. Will just let it flow. If something materializes fine, if it doesn’t also fine – at least would have acquired a good friend in the process. Will be that much richer for the experience. After all that is what life is all about isn’t it?

So here I am, attempting to flirt. Notice served.

No comments: