...as seen in the Daily Graphic, Monday, April 2, 2007
Couldn't resist posting this ad I saw in the papers today. Here in Ghana these giant land snails are considered a delicacy among some tribes. It's not uncommon to see boys with plates of snails selling on the road side, or seeing them for sale in the markets.
I remember being on a KLM flight heading back to Holland when someone's snails escaped! We heard the flight attendant announcing " Will the person who has lost their snails please come and collect the from the front of the cabin". Seems as if there is money to be made though in snail rearing. Hmmm, second income? Maybe not.
Earn up to ¢7,000,000/month rearing snails from your home.
- how to raise up to 2,000 snails in your house
- how to process and package snails for export
- how to effectively market your snails
- how to reduce their mortality rates
- mini-directory of snail importers overseas
Date: Saturday, April 7, 2007
Venue: Festus Hotel (Pokuase, Nsawam Road)
Time: 9:00 a.m.